A419 Missing Link - Update from A419 NAG group
3rd August 2018
-75% support for Option 30 which we backed, 2000 responses received.
- Concern about noise pollution further down the A417/419 was one of the strands of feedback. I asked them about this and they said they would be working with their colleagues in HE to work out how to mitigate the noise.
- Statutory consultation will now be Summer 2019 so that’s the time we have to get a formal submission in about noise.
- Start of works late 2021 has gone back a little.
- Road open to traffic Spring 2024.
- There have been 6 deaths in the last 12 months at the spot.
- Projected traffic to increase on A417 by 50% by the mid 2020’s.
- HE are looking at taking back day to day management of the road from RMS in 2026 when the contract ends.
So, the good news is that noise pollution is definitely on the radar at last and that is thanks to our efforts. The problem is that nothing is yet being planned for how to mitigate this and so we have to keep pressing.