Parish Council News
February has been a quiet month in terms of activity by the Parish Council.
We are coming up to the elections in May to elect your Parish Council for a further term. Sadly, I have received news from Cllr Julia Job BEM, that she has decided, after 25 years of continuous service, that it is time to retire from the council. This is a blow to DA as Julia, having spent the best part of her life in DA working with the Parish Council, both as Chair and committee member, has a wealth of history and knowledge of village affairs. Her presence and contributions at meetings will be sadly missed.
Parish Council meeting, held on 8 January
Our Parish Council meeting, held on 8 January, covered a wide range of topics including an update on repairs to the highway and footpaths. A large amount of work has already been undertaken to the main road through Down Ampney. Next will be repairs to a long section of footpath between Acacia Cottage and the school, together with a section on the access road footpath into Broadleaze before April this year. The Highways Manager is also looking into the flooding that occurs in Broadleaze which is believed to be caused by a blocked culvert. Meetings are to be held with the Housing Association responsible for that area to ascertain liability.
A419 Missing Link - Update from A419 NAG group
3rd August 2018
-75% support for Option 30 which we backed, 2000 responses received.
- Concern about noise pollution further down the A417/419 was one of the strands of feedback. I asked them about this and they said they would be working with their colleagues in HE to work out how to mitigate the noise.
- Statutory consultation will now be Summer 2019 so that’s the time we have to get a formal submission in about noise.
- Start of works late 2021 has gone back a little.
- Road open to traffic Spring 2024.
- There have been 6 deaths in the last 12 months at the spot.
- Projected traffic to increase on A417 by 50% by the mid 2020’s.
- HE are looking at taking back day to day management of the road from RMS in 2026 when the contract ends.