Down Ampney News
Road Works Down Ampney
9th October 2018
Many people have expressed concerns about the continuing restrictive roadworks at the Poulton end of the village.
Whilst the Parish Council have no jurisdiction over planned works it has been trying, with little success, to find out who is responsible and when they intend to return and complete the works.
Phone calls and various emails have been made to the statutory undertakers but there has been on acknowledgement nor action.
This is regrettable BUT the blame is not with the Parish Council.
Cllr Ray Jenkins
Hope for people suffering from noisy road
13 August 2018 – Embargo; immediate
An action group from along the A419/A417 has welcomed a commitment from roads bosses to sort out excess noise from the dual carriageway.
The issue of noise from the road has been rumbling on for residents since it was first built in 1998. Various attempts to reduce the sound have been made over the years and the action group, A419NAG (Noise Action Group), was formed in 2012. It has been lobbying on behalf of residents all along the notorious road.
A419 Missing Link - Update from A419 NAG group
3rd August 2018
-75% support for Option 30 which we backed, 2000 responses received.
- Concern about noise pollution further down the A417/419 was one of the strands of feedback. I asked them about this and they said they would be working with their colleagues in HE to work out how to mitigate the noise.
- Statutory consultation will now be Summer 2019 so that’s the time we have to get a formal submission in about noise.
- Start of works late 2021 has gone back a little.
- Road open to traffic Spring 2024.
- There have been 6 deaths in the last 12 months at the spot.
- Projected traffic to increase on A417 by 50% by the mid 2020’s.
- HE are looking at taking back day to day management of the road from RMS in 2026 when the contract ends.