Down Ampney News
A419 Missing Link - Update from A419 NAG group
3rd August 2018
-75% support for Option 30 which we backed, 2000 responses received.
- Concern about noise pollution further down the A417/419 was one of the strands of feedback. I asked them about this and they said they would be working with their colleagues in HE to work out how to mitigate the noise.
- Statutory consultation will now be Summer 2019 so that’s the time we have to get a formal submission in about noise.
- Start of works late 2021 has gone back a little.
- Road open to traffic Spring 2024.
- There have been 6 deaths in the last 12 months at the spot.
- Projected traffic to increase on A417 by 50% by the mid 2020’s.
- HE are looking at taking back day to day management of the road from RMS in 2026 when the contract ends.
Use of "Giant Voice" tanoy at RAF Fairford
21st June 2018
You may be aware that RAF Fairford has a tanoy system (called the "Giant Voice") which is used to relay messages across the base during times of emergency.
To ensure the system is working correctly, the base is introducing a monthly test of the Giant Voice system. The first test will take place on Thursday 12th July, and will then take place routinely on the first Thursday of each month. The test will take place around 10:30 to 11:00am and will start with the words "Test Test Test" before going on to make a number of noises with different tones, and will finish with the words "test concluded'.
31st May 2018
We have been notified by the RAF Fairford Liaison Branch that the Air Tattoo is to be held on the 13/14/15 July celebrating the 100th anniversary of the forming of the RAF.
As such it will be a much bigger event, involving far more aircraft and demonstrations than in a normal year.
Event practise will mean many more flights in the preceding days leading up to the actual show and the run down of the event will take much longer also.